The Benefits of Learning Spanish in Mexico with Us are Better Than You ThinkKnowing a language means understanding the culturally enriching aspects of different countries and societies. To stay competitive in today's increasingly global society, it is imperative that we learn about other cultures and how they think. Reports show that citizens from the US and Europe are studying Spanish in record numbers, with education in an international setting becoming a top mandate for many governments and companies to help their people better compete in international business. According to Businessweek, more students studying for an MBA choose to become trilingual in English, French, and Spanish. But the benefits of learning and studying the Spanish language while in a Spanish-speaking country are so much better - you'll have the chance to put your new skills to use right away!
information from Instituto Cervantes
- Every year the number of people studying Spanish grows significantly.
- Spanish is the primary language of 20 countries. It is estimated that the total number of Spanish speakers is 470 to 500 million.
- Spanish is the second most natively spoken language in the world, after Mandarin Chinese.
- Spanish is the second most studied language and second language in international communication.
Why learn Spanish as a second language?
- Half of the population in the Western hemisphere speaks Spanish
- Within the United States, Spanish is the second most widely spoken language after English.
- Spanish is the third-most commonly spoken language in the world
- There are global employment opportunities for those who are fluent in both Spanish and their native tongue.